[FOSS4G2016] Sessions planning

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Wed Oct 21 02:14:10 PDT 2015

Hi,

I just want to give my two cents about the academic track. I would
prefer an actual academic or education (or may it be called GeoForAll)
track. Meaning, that we would have an actual track in the program, at
least clearly marked in the program schedule overview, preferably one
this way declared marked column, and maybe even with a dedicated
location (session room). In Portland I found it quite confusing to see
which presentations are part of the academic track. This way this would
be really simple.

Cheers,
Christian

Am 21.10.2015 um 11:01 schrieb Volker Mische:
> Hi Ela,
>
> On 10/21/2015 09:02 AM, Elżbieta Wołoszyńska-Wiśniewska wrote:
>> Dear LOC,
>>
>> While planning sessions and workshops, please don't forget these
>> dedicated to FOSS4G education. Some time ago we were discussing the
>> possibility to have education pointed out as a special topic in a
>> general track.
>>
>> Please let me know when the proper time comes to move on with this topic.
> the time is now.
>
> What did you have in mind in regards to having a special track. Would
> that be sessions from people from the education community? Or would we
> just have a special focus during the general program selection on
> education (that would be my preference)?
>
> Cheers,
>    Volker

Christian Willmes
AG GIS & Fernerkundung      | GIS & RS Group
Geographisches Institut     | Institute of Geography
Universität zu Köln         | University of Cologne
Tel.: +49 (0)221 470 6234
Fax.: +49 (0)221 470 2280
http://www.geographie.uni-koeln.de/willmes-christian.695.en.html
http://www.sfb806.de