[FOSS4G2016] Fwd: FOSS4G 2016: Weitere Raumabstimmung / further room plannings

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at metaspatial.net
Wed Oct 21 04:02:23 PDT 2015

On 20.10.2015 19:25, Marc Zakelijk wrote:
> A name and subject for a track;
>
> "Does the open Spatial world suffer from tunnel vision?"
>
> "That light at the end of the tunnel is really a closed source train ?
"

Haha, I like that one... But does it mean the closed source train is
coming at us? Then what to do? We don't want to crash, do we?

SGeo.nl <gert-jan at osgeo.nl> het volgende geschreven:

>> A perfect deal!
>> Gives us an extra milestone on our planning calendar: "decide whether
 or not to use the 3 extra rooms". Which seems closely related to how mu
ch tracks we want to full, which in turn may be dependent on the respons
e on our call for papers.
>> By the way: I like the "tunnel"-concept":  Seems like a perfect locat
ion for sort of "underground"-talks ;-)

>> GJ

on-room 2: Bonn 1 & 2 & 3 (together as 1 room: 181 seats) · Session-room
 3: Tunnel (100 seats) · Session-room 4: Berlin (112 seats) · Session-ro
om 5: Kleiner Saal (79 seats) · Session-room 6: Kaminzimmer (100 seats)
· Session-room 7: Rheinlobby (120 seats)

>> For the labs we can have an additional room for 20-25 work stations (
including tables).

>> On top we get the option for the 3 rooms (Bangkok) in the new buildin
g and they keep that option open until somebody else comes and is going
to plan a conference and requests exactly these rooms for the same time
slots.
>> If that happens, we get asked, whether we want to pull that option or
 not and must - in case - take that option immediately.
>> Also I guess, if that happens, it will happen within the next 4 month
.

>> Thinking about this, it's far better than directly plan WITH these ro
oms, because either nobody comes, so the option remains open until we re
ally now an adequate number of attendees OR we have to pull it, but then
 nothing changes in comparison to directly renting them. So going this w
ay, we have one option more :-).

>> I talked to Volker (Program Comittee) and we agreed in going that way
 for now.

>> Till

 folgende Vermisteilung mit einer höheren Kapazität:

>> · Plenum / Session-Raum 1: Plenarsaal (734 Plätze im EG + 496 auf der
>> Tribüne)
>>
>> · Session-Raum 2: Bonn 1 & 2 & 3 (181 Plätze)
>>
>> · Session-Raum 3: Tunnel (100 Plätze)
>>
>> · Session-Raum 4: Berlin (112 Plätze)
>>
>> · Session-Raum 5: Kleiner Saal (79 Plätze)
>>
>> · Session-Raum 6: Kaminzimmer (100 Plätze)
>>
>> · Session-Raum 7: Rheinlobby (120 Plätze)
>>
>> In dieser Version hätten wir neben dem Plenum (bis zu 734 Plätze im
>> EG) nun 6 Session-Räume mit einer Gesamtkapazität von 692 Plätzen.
>>
>> Zusätzlich stehen weitere, kleine Räume zur Verfügung. Das Lab könnte
 z.B. in den Räumen 2.07 bzw. 1.10 (ca. 20 Plätze am Tisch,
>> Präsidialbereich) stattfinden.
>>
>> Zu Ihrer Information: Die Räumlichkeiten im neuen Teil des WCCB, die
in der aktuellen Variante nicht benötigt werden, könnten ggf. so lange i
n Option genommen werden, bis sich ein alternativer Interessent meldet.
>> Falls ja, würden Sie dann direkt gefragt, ob sie diese hinzubuchen mö
chten oder für den Interessenten freigeben.