[FOSS4G2016] Sharing marketing materials

Anton Popov mail at antonpopov.de
Thu Oct 22 01:42:33 PDT 2015

Hi,

regarding marketing materials: 1) logo, 2) banners, 3) postcard, 4)
poster, 5) documentation:

1)
There currently two logos (wide and almost squared), each in 2 flavours [1]:
* one without anything (for white/light backgrounds)
* one with outline/halo (for everything else)

I've also started experimenting with colorizing the "BONN 2016" part to
make it more suitable for black backgrounds.

And I started to create a style page like the Nottingham one [2], though
I'm not sure if its in the sense of the original logo authors - they
havn't said anything to what's been done so far, to my knownledge.

2)
There are banners in 2 sizes (3 if you count in the qgis one [3]) [4]:
* wide ones (750x150) using photos (6 different ones)
* small ones (350x150) with slogans (currently 6, I'll add the "Building
Bridges" one too), with bubbles or halo/outline

3)
There is also the postcard that's already been printed distributed [4].

4)
There is a poster in the works by the OLANIS folks.

5)
What else should be there to get the folks starting?
>From what I read it seems to be the not yet existing marketing page [5].
Is that correct?

In any case, what do we do about the "fixed URL" issue?
It seems to me that - since no one seems to have any problems with the
existing materials - the logos and banners should be at least uploaded
to the 2016.foss4g.org site.
In order to create a marketing page like the 2010 one [5] I see that as
a required step. Otherwise we'll have to use the Wiki-URLs for the code
snippets.

Regards
Anton

PS: My ISP still didn't manage to activate my internet access (after 3
weeks!) and I've got connection only sporadically and for a short time a
day. They say next weekend... and as soon as thats done I'll update the
marketing page with the latest imagery, if noone does it before (the
materials are there). I'm truly sorry if that should be too late but
there isn't much I can do about that.

[1] https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/2016/marketing/logo/
[2] http://2013.foss4g.org/Style/
[3]