[FOSS4G2016] meeting with PCO yesterday

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Wed Sep 23 23:41:53 PDT 2015

Hi list,

I had a meeting with Conrad Seyffert from Media Company, our PCO
yesterday.

I made the proposal to have kind of support-contingent for about 50
days first and decide, at which side they might support us with
marketing, on-site stuff like banners and so on later.

There were two good outcomes we had yesterday:
We discussed whether it might be clever to seperate sponsorship and
exhibition. The idea came upp, because the gold sponsors in Korea had
really big booth, they actually didn't use. Also Google didn't show up
at the exhibition and so forth...

So an idea (and I like it) was, we have our sponsorship levels with all
the benefits we can offer and on top, every sponsor may also rent an
extra booth. For this, we only must offer at least 2 booth sizes, one
for a single place and one "normal" with let's say 4x2m (or whatever is
this size of these dog crates). And if someone really wants to have a
bigger booth, they might rent two.
In general it might be, that exhibition space is limited, because of
terms of emergency issues. We contact WCCB with that.

Second we discussed the item, "how do we get people to register early".
Mister Seyffert said big price difference ("it must hurt"), second idea
was to have a goodie for early birds. An idea came up yesterday (while
watching soccer): Why not create an extra "10. FOSs4G Conference"
T-Shirt and early birds get the logos of past conferences ontheir back,
where they have been... just a gimmick, but I know that T-Shirts have
kind of cultic status in our community.

What's your ideas on that?

So far, Till