[FOSS4G2016] FOSS4G-Website-Login

Gert-Jan van der Weijden (osgeo.nl) gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Sat Feb 13 09:12:49 PST 2016

Hi homepage team (and PR&M team)

Codrian, Marc and me (and others) discussed a few times the use of a blog
module in order to be able to easily create, publish ans link (from twitter,
facebook etc.) news items.

After diving into in the CMS (Contao) manual I found out that Contao offers a
dedicated "news item" feature and even a "news letter" feature (that might
make the use of Mailchimp obsolete).

https://docs.contao.org/books/manual/4.0/en/04-managing-content/news-
items.html

https://docs.contao.org/books/manual/4.0/en/04-managing-
content/newsletters.html

In Redmine a ticket (http://foss4g2016.org/redmine/issues/127) has been opened
for such a feature, but that ticket has been closed in the mean time.

I guess it's also related to item http://foss4g2016.org/redmine/issues/224
(make breaking news more visible)

Some qustions and suggestions:

  * Did you already check out the possibilities of the news and/or news item feature?
  * Do we have to adjust to website layout to show these news items?
  * If you're at the hacking weekend in Essen next month, Codrina, you and I might eleborate on this.

Regards,

Gert-Jan