[FOSS4G2016] some Updates / Details on our working Weekend 15./16. January

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Sun Jan 10 02:46:41 PST 2016

Hi LOC!

I've updated the WIKI and added the minutes for the past two meetings:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2016_Meeting_minutes

In general there are some essential news to announce:
- In order to take some pressure from the homepage team, Till will talk
to Küstenschmiede in order to expand the support contract from them
- We agreed on the following key topics_
  -- Open Data
  -- Land information
  -- Desaster Mamagement
  -- Remote Sensing
- Call for Paper/Workshops is in preparation and will go out on 21. of
January
- same for Academic Track

Also we agreed, that our first working weekend will be 15./16. January.
Here are some details:
Up now, there are 7 people to join us, these are: Uli, Oliver, Torsten,
Astrid, Danilo and Codrina onfriday via IRC. More - especially from PR&M
and from the mot-yet declared Bonners welcome!

I suggest, that we start friday around 12h at the terrestris office
with open end (we can go out for a drink later). On saturday we start at
10 a.m. and finish at about 16 p.m.. I will care for some dinner on
saturday. No matter, if you can't make it all time!

Please scroll your/the tickets in redmine for your personal "ToDo's".
I think main goals are:
- final preparaiton of Call for papers
- final tests on registration system
- work on press distributor
- prepare press releases and work on conference marketing
- work as one team!

We will coordinate the exacto todos on friday on-site!

So far!
Till