[FOSS4G2016] Checklist Release of Call for papers

Marc Vloemans marcvloemans1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 07:43:45 PST 2016

PR :- We need a press release to be written - (Codrina) and a press distributor, may be we can merge our WIKI and the mail-chimp account (Marc, Gert-Jan) ?

- Gert Jan this week away.

- Press release???!! See my doc Concept CfP in Redmine, I had invited comments. This reads actually along the lines/format of a press release.....so no need to reinvent the wheel (Hope this doc does NOT follow the foot steps of my SVN doc a while ago.... ;-)
Am happy to adapt when I receive feedback!!!!
Translation to German not needed (yet).

- If till sends out to two mailing lists, that would be fine, as he is Chair LOC. However, I am afraid this will get us only the same old types of entries as previous conferences.
So I suggest I (on behalf of Till/LOC) also post in in various LinkedIn groups. This also serves us to gain awareness and interest from outside of the 'regular' visitors.....if 1000 is the goal....then reach out further afield.
......And also invite directly local chapters to spread the word via their websites. Go viral regarding this.

- I am against merging the WIKI and Mailchimp account. Nice work for tech guys/galls. But why bother?

- What is meant with "press distributor"???
If the one sending/contacting/liaising/posting with media; I am fine doing that.
But apparently no need this time as only the regular crowd  invited is the general osgeo list and the German fossgis list.

- please inform me of an

Vriendelijke groet,
Marc Vloemans

Vriendelijke groet,