[FOSS4G2016] Submitted workshops

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Tue Mar 1 23:35:43 PST 2016

Am 2016-03-01 19:28, schrieb Danilo Bretschneider:
> Hi Carmen, Hi list,
>
> do we have a list of all submitted workshops? CfW will be closed in 3
> weeks. This weekend we have the first meeting / discussing about
> workshops.
>
> It is a good idea to know the topics / content of submitted
> workshops.
> Don't know how it works in the last years. As workspace committee do
> we
> know the workshop before close?
>
> Regards,
> Danilo

Danilo,

don't expect more than two submitted workshops yet. It's too early ;-)

I think for the general planning - which is really, really **urgent**
now - the specific workshops mustn't be already known.

For me it's far more important that you plan:
- general time scheduling
- how to select workshops
- how to orchestrate workshop leaders, so that they bring in their
software/data in time, so that we can include it in OSGeo live
- when to buy hardware
- when and how to install OS on hardware
- network planning in the venues
- food/drinks during the workshops
- how attendees could change between the two venues?
- ...

That's just a brainstorming of two minutes, so I guess we'll find many
more really important things.

Till