[FOSS4G2016] Re-Cap for Call for Submissions

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Thu Mar 3 01:40:06 PST 2016

Hi list,

one thing I'd like to discuss: Call for Submissions will end in 18
days. I know, that most of our people tend to hand in papers/workshop
proposals late. On the other hand I'd like to kick off a "second wave of
awareness" to our call.

For this, I'd really like that Codrina (OpenData), Marc (Deisaster
Management), Arnulf (Land Informaton) and me (Remote sensing) publish
the topic-devoted calls within these communities latest **this**
weekend. Also I didn't see much forwarding of our call on the OSGeo
project lists ( I think Mapbender and GRASS did it), but I see all the
calls for many other events being posted on the specific user lists,
such as QGIS, GeoServer or whatever.
So I'd really like to send out our call for submissions on the specific
OSGeo-project lists. I know that we discussed about this weeks before
and ended up with the idea to hint the people to publish the call on
their project lists, but this obviously didn't work.
So, if there are no "-1"'s from anybody here I'd like to send this out
during our hacking weekend.

Regards, Till