[FOSS4G2017] April Updates - New Logo & Site Design

Guido Stein gstein at appgeo.com
Wed Apr 27 16:29:40 PDT 2016

Hello folks,

I hope you are all well and getting ready to attend the FOSS4G-NA Raleigh
2016. It's only a week away and I am itching to just get on a plane and
going today.

I have some great news, we have a Logo. Craig Austin is the winner of our logo
contest <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2017/Logo_Entries>. His design
was used as inspiration and our LOC and two designers made it happen. I am
very pleased with both the final outcome and the energy everyone put into
the process. Thanks again to all the folks who submitted a design for the
contest.

The website <http://2017.foss4g.org> has also been updated to embrace the
new logo and add sponsor interest survey. We are very supportive and
interested in the success of the 2016 events and will wait our turn to
begin a strong marketing campaign. So for the moment, we will be listening
to our sponsors and attendees for guidance on what makes for a great
conference.

If you are attending FOSS4G-NA please reach out to me and say hi. I will be
paying close attention to this list and my twitter feed (@guidos
<http://twitter.com/guidos>).

So... what do you think makes for a good conference?

-Guido

--
This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient or otherwise