[OSGeo-Fundraising] Committee Shutdown

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Oct 5 16:43:51 EDT 2007

Folks,

At the OSGeo Board meeting in Victoria I made a motion that the Fundraising
Committee be dissolved, and responsibility for fundraising devolved back to
the board.  This motion passed.

While the Fundraising committee worked fairly well as a mechanism to define
the project and foundation sponsorship programs, it did not work so well as
a mechanism to actually do fundraising.  This was a mix of my poor leadership,
and partly because not too many people were excited about joining an activity
focused on fundraising.

In any event, I appreciate the feedback and support I received here, and I
think we can be proud of the sponsorship program we designed.

Moving forward, help is definately appreciated from anyone interested in
doing fundraising, or with suggestions on possible sponsors.  Feel free to
contact me, or Tyler.

Best regards,