[fusion-dev] InitialView?

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Apr 7 11:14:11 EDT 2008

Hi there,

I have a fusion map that uses InitialView of a MapGroup like this:

    <MapGroup id="NanaimoCemeteries">
      <InitialView>
        <MinX>430379</MinX>
        <MinY>5446616</MinY>
        <MaxX>430541</MaxX>
        <MaxY>5446915</MaxY>
      </InitialView>
      [...]
    </MapGroup>

But the schema's type for InitialView is MapViewType:

  <xs:complexType name="MapViewType">
     <xs:sequence>
       <xs:element name="CenterX" type="xs:double"/>
       <xs:element name="CenterY" type="xs:double"/>
       <xs:element name="Scale" type="xs:double"/>
     </xs:sequence>
   </xs:complexType>

Neither of these are documented (yet):

http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/wiki/ApplicationDefinition/MapSet/MapGroup

I'd be happy to write both up if someone can clarify that they are both
acceptable.  I certainly wouldn't want to see the extents version go
away; midpoint+scale doesn't allow you to ensure that a specific object
will stay on the screen on various resolutions, etc.

Jason