[fusion-dev] GeoExt

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Dec 12 09:21:15 EST 2008

By way of doing some comparisons, I just built a minimal version of
Ext using the builder and included things that I thought Jx+MooTools
provides, the condensed file size is 392 kb (a full build is 564kb)
while the jxlib build including a full MooTools + Extras (of which we
don't use everything) is 184kb.  I think I produced a very minimal
build of MooTools such that the combined jxlib and MooTools was about
128 kb condensed, but the saving seemed minimal compared to not having
some of the MooTools stuff available for app development.

This being said, Ext probably has more functionality than jxlib has in
that build, but then I think MooTools has more functionality than Ext
has in that build too.

Not sure why I am rambling on about this ... size doesn't matter, right?

:)

Paul