[fusion-dev] RE: [mapguide-internals] Fusion - Base layers questions...

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Oct 8 13:52:49 EDT 2008

Cool.

Sure hope this makes it in; allowing users of Fusion apps to toggle
between the various Google/Virtual Earth/WMS/TMS base layers and
in-house base layers would be a killer feature.  In my case it would
also allow me to offload ortho serving to Google or (hopefully with the
next round of orthos) to OAM or another caching tile server.

Another semi-related question... I know that Zac has had some success
using the OpenLayers MapGuide provider with an array of map services
(multiple DNS hosts pointing to the same service) to allow for multiple
connections.  Is there any way of configuring Fusion to take advantage
of this?  Currently I think that you can only configure a single
MapAgent?.  It would be cool if the mapagent could be defined as a list
in the config file, with the first entry being used for session
management and general mapagent calls, and the additional entries being
used for tile requests.  Is this something that it is worth putting in
an enhancement request for?

Jason