[fusion-dev] Fusion Trunk Enhancements (update)

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Sep 11 16:29:34 EDT 2008

Folks, I forgot to mention that most of the work that has gone into
fusion based on my last email (single file build improvements, image
sprites, and updating to the new version of Jx) has been done by staff
at DM Solutions Group (not just me, I just get the glory by talking
about it!) and funded by Autodesk.

Autodesk is also providing the funding for optimizing the LoadMap
process and a couple of other mapguide-specific improvements (using
JSON output from the mapguide server directly and using dynamic
selection overlays).

My apologies for missing this acknowledgement in my previous post, I
feel it is very important for us as an open source community to
acknowledge that improvements don't often come for free, they rely on
generous donations of personal time and/or funding to move our
projects ahead.

This is a fantastic set of improvements that substantially improve
Fusion for all of us, and Autodesk's support of this work has made it
much easier to get it done and out into the hands of the people who
use it.

Cheers

Paul

    Paul Spencer