[fusion-dev] Re: Ticket: Fusion reports unreadable error message

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Jul 20 15:26:49 EDT 2009

This sounds more application-specific than I am willing to put into
the library as core functionality.  So to accommodate this, I would
prefer that we expose 'extended' error conditions through event
notifications that developers can use to implement their own handling
system.  In this case, Fusion would never alert an error but rather
would trigger error events (some of this happens already) and pass
both basic and extended information.

In this case, Christine's patch should be modified to fire an error
event instead of an alert.  Perhaps that is beyond the scope of the
current change :)

Paul

On 20-Jul-09, at 2:13 PM, Jason Birch wrote:

> I'm not sure.  I was initially going to suggest that, but I often
> don't get trouble reports until after an application has been signed
> off, moved to production, etc...  I'd hate to leave a debug flag
> turned on in production if it had performance implications made the
> interface totally developer-centric, and I'd be concerned that
> calling the config option "debug" would lead to this.
>
> If it was called "extendedErrors" or something like that it might be
> better?  Or if there were different debug levels (none, error,
> information)?
>
> Another option would be a link that says "Email Problem Report"
> where user can fill in information about what they were doing, and
> all debug info is automatically added to the report. :)
>
> Jason

    Paul Spencer
    Chief Technology Officer
    DM Solutions Group Inc