[fusion-dev] Patch for #271 http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/attachment/ticket/271/BasemapSwitcher.patch review

Arthur Liu arthur.liu at autodesk.com
Thu Jul 30 23:20:23 EDT 2009

Thanks for your replay.

Actually, the purpose to provide this widget is just switch between the commercial layers and close all the commercial layers.

I have some confusion about the concept of Basemap. And this is my understanding, if there're any stupid errors please point them out .

1. Only the tiled map can be the basemap, which means the maps which contains only dynamic layers can't be the basemap. So, the BasemapSwitcher must shown all the tiled maps and commercial maps. Could user close all the basemaps and show dynamic maps only?(that's why there's a None item in the widget)

2. Since tiled map is a basemap, so the tiled map and commercial maps cannot shown at the same time.

3. How can I distinguish tiled maps and normal maps in application definition's map group tag? The only different I can see is the <SingleTile> tag. For tiled map, it's false, and for normal map, it's true.

Regards,
Arthur