[fusion-dev] Re: Adding WMS in Application Definition

Michael Adair madair at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Jul 5 09:35:08 EDT 2011

I guarantee the projection issue will be a problem for you, but I can
see a number of other issues in your XML snippet:
- it may be a MGE construct but Fusion uses <MapGroup> not <MapGroupType>
- you are trying to overlay Google street map over the WMS over the
MapGuide base layer, the Google layer is opaque so you won't see the 2
underneath and the Google (layer is tiled - singleTile=false)

Using the XML below I was able to see in Firebug that tiled WMS request
are being made but nothing is being returned because the WMS doesn't
support Google mercator.  Also note that my MapGuide map is also in
Google mercator

Mike

<MapGroup id="testMap">
<Map>
<Type>MapGuide</Type>
<SingleTile>true</SingleTile>
<Extension>
<ResourceId>Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Maps/SheboyganMercator.MapDefinition</ResourceId>
<SelectionAsOverlay>true</SelectionAsOverlay>
<SelectionColor>0x0000FFA0</SelectionColor>
<ImageFormat>PNG</ImageFormat>
<Options>
<isBaseLayer>false</isBaseLayer>
<userOverlay>true</userOverlay>