[fusion-trac] #535: Support custom projections by specifying proj4js definitions inside the Application Definition

Fusion trac_fusion at osgeo.org
Wed Aug 1 23:32:22 PDT 2012

#535: Support custom projections by specifying proj4js definitions inside the
Application Definition
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
   Reporter:  jng          |       Owner:  jng
       Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
  Component:  Widgets      |     Version:  2.0
   Severity:  Major        |    Keywords:
External_id:               |       State:  New
    Browser:  All          |          Os:  All
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Currently, for any coordinate systems/epsg codes not known by the Proj4js
 library, it tries to look for a javascript file
 (/mapguide/fusion/lib/Proj4js/defs/EPSGXXXX.js) that probably does not
 exist. The javascript file if it exists, is nothing more than just a call
 to set the proj4 string in the Proj4js.defs global object

 To avoid such lookups, we should have a new background widget
 (CustomProjections.js?) that takes in a set of Name/Value extension
 parameters which contains our custom proj4js projections. The widget's
 sole purpose is to populate the Proj4js.defs global object with our custom
 proj4js strings contained in the Application Definition document itself.

 This way, we don't have to make such requests (or worse, trying to get the
 definition from spatialreference.org. Does it still do this?) as we are
 carry the custom proj4 strings inline in the Application Definition
 document.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/ticket/535>
Fusion <http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion>