[fusion-users] Enhancement: Jx.Panel on resize.

Tómas Guðmundsson tomas at snertill.is
Fri Jul 11 06:21:37 EDT 2008

Hi all.

Don't know if this has been implemented / fixed for version 1.0.7 but here it comes anyway. I will also file a ticket so that it's in the trac but here is the email message as well.

So we here in Iceland noticed that if you resize your window the map reloads, however the panels (for instance on the left in the Slate template) do not. So what I did to fix this is adding a class variable 'activePanel' into the Jx.Panel class. So if you add these lines in your code  (to make this work you need also add it in jx_combined.js because that's the one that get's executed in the template) everything should work.

(code) - file: linenumber

(create the activePanel)

activePanel: null,  - Jx.Panel : 13 - jx_combined: 11021

(add the end of the initialize function, initialize the variable)

// Initialize the active Panel.

this.activePanel = panels[0]; - Jx.panel : 36  - jx_combined: 11051

(change activePanel when one is maximized)

// Added by Snertill so that it's possible to resize the activePanel when the window is resized.

// Tómas Guðmundsson

this.activePanel = panel; - Jx.panel : 75 - jx_combined: 11125

(now we need to call this when resized, this could be done with an event listener but I just modified the code)

// Added by snertill so that the Panels stay intact when resized.

panelman.maximizePanel(panelman.activePanel); Map.js : 485

So there you go. It's not the most beautiful way and I bet there are a lot other ways to do it but this gets the job done. We at Snertill are developing a fusion solution with more emphasis on maximized panels instead of multiple panels opened at one time. I also have not solved it on paper or in my head how to solve this resizing problem with multiple panels open.

Hope this helps someone.

Regards,

Tómas.