[fusion-users] calling query() method from another window

Vitor Fortunato sapucaiatotal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 20:40:35 EDT 2008

Hi list!

I am trying to call the query() method from a new window opened by a widget.
In execute method of the widget I have the code bellow:

execute : function() {
    var Url = 'qb.html';
    winQb = window.open(Url, 'New window',
'toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,resizable=yes,status=yes,scrollbars=yes,width=900,height=540');
}

when the widget is executed it pops up a new window. I am trying to execute
the query method from this new window. I've tried to code something, but
still with no success:
code of the new window:
<script>
    var options = {};
    options.filter = 'gid in (1, 2, 3)';
    options.layers = 'Estados';

    window.opener.Fusion.Widget.Map.query(options);

    //also tried to get the caller widget:
    // var myWidObj = new window.opener.Fusion.Widget.Pqb();
</script>

thanks in advance