[fusion-users] Groups initially always visible

Bernhard Schneider bernhard.schneider at ilu.ch
Thu Jun 12 08:40:29 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

Using MapServer 5.0.2, I specify in the map file that some groups
should be invisible. (I do this by setting the METADATA tag
"groupVisible".) However, the groups are initially visible in both the
legend and the map. (Interestingly, if I nest groups, this only
affects top level groups, the nested ones are invisible if so
specified in the map file.)

I followed the code for generating the legend, and I found a loop
through all top level groups (in function draw(..) in widgets/
Legend.js) containing the line:

startGroup.groups[i].visible = true;

Why are the groups set to true here, ignoring the settings in the map
file? Can someone shed some light on this?

(For testing, I have commented this line out. The groups now behave as
I would expect them to, and it doesn't seem to introduce any further
problems.)

Bernhard