[fusion-users] Mapguide Eventhandling with Fusion.

Tómas Guðmundsson tomas at snertill.is
Wed May 14 12:57:17 EDT 2008

Hi all.

I just conducted a little experiment with the Event Handlers in Map.js

        map.registerForEvent(Fusion.Event.MAP_LOADING, alert('MAP_LOADING'));
        map.registerForEvent(Fusion.Event.MAP_LOADED,alert('MAP_LOADED'));
        map.registerForEvent(Fusion.Event.MAP_RELOADED,alert('MAP_RELOADED'));

And what I originally thought what would happen that it would give me an alert
at first when it was loading, and then when it would load. Then I thought it would
give me the third alert when i pressed the refresh map button. But, what happened
was before the map was ready or visible to me, they all loaded consecutively so
I got three alerts in a row.

If anyone can tell me why this is or what the reasons are behind that I would really
appreciate that. Also if anyone can tell me how to find out when the map is visible,
after a refresh or after any (first or last time a user) sees the gray background of
the map itself.

Regards,
Tómas.