[fusion-users] Panels and instantiations.

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Fri May 30 08:05:31 EDT 2008

Tómas,

the panel part is actually external to fusion at this time.  If you
look in the index.html file, you will find some start up code that
sets up the page layout using Jx.Layout and creates some other Jx-
specific containers such as Jx.Splitter, Jx.Panel etc.  The content
areas of these are assigned ids that match the <Name> of a widget in
the ApplicationDefinition.xml so Fusion creates the widgets inside
these containers.

This means that a Widget is not inherently a Panel but can be placed
*in* a Panel.

I think that there is work that could be done in the
ApplicationDefinition structure to define more Container types and
eventually manage the page layout through the ApplicationDefinition -
but I don't want to remove the flexibility that we have now so it
would definitely be optional!

Cheers

Paul