[fusion-users] Getting zoomscroll to work with baselayers in fusion 1.1 (MapGuide)

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Nov 4 07:40:34 EST 2008

Thanks for digging into this Måns.  I suspect that the difference is
something to do with the fixed zoom levels in tiled maps vs non-fixed
in regular maps.

You might want to change your approach here and try something like this:

wheelChange: function(evt, deltaZ) {
     var size    = this.oMapOL.getSize();
     var deltaX  = size.w/2 - evt.xy.x;
     var deltaY  = evt.xy.y - size.h/2;
     if (this.fractionalZoom) {
         var deltaRes = deltaZ > 0 ? 0.5 : 2;  //TODO: use some sort
of factor here
         var newRes  = this.oMapOL.baseLayer.getResolution()*deltaRes;
     } else {
         var newZoom = this.olMap.getZoom() + deltaZ;
         if (!this.olMap.isValidZoomLevel(newZoom)) {
             return;
         }
         var newRes  =
this.olMap.baseLayer.getResolutionForZoom(newZoom);
     }
     var zoomPoint = this.oMapOL.getLonLatFromPixel(evt.xy);
     var newCenter = new OpenLayers.LonLat(
                         zoomPoint.lon + deltaX * newRes,
                         zoomPoint.lat + deltaY * newRes );
     var newBounds = new OpenLayers.Bounds(
                         newCenter.lon - size.w*newRes/2,
                         newCenter.lat - size.h*newRes/2,
                         newCenter.lon + size.w*newRes/2,
                         newCenter.lat + size.h*newRes/2);
     this.setExtents(newBounds);
}

Please let me know what you get working and I will incorporate it into
Fusion.

Cheers

Paul