[fusion-users] Installing and Configuring Fusion 1.1 with MapGuide 2.0.2 WinXP/PHP/Apache

Mike Adair madair at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Nov 4 15:04:07 EST 2008

Mike Toews wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to try the latest 1.1 release of Fusion with MapGuideOS 2.0.2
> on a WinXP system with PHP/Apache, however the instructions at
> http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/wiki/FusionInstallationConfiguration fall
> short of enabling this.
>
>    * For Windows step 3, there is no file named
>      "fusion/config_dist.json", but there is a file named
>      "config.json". This step does not make sense, and has ambiguous
>      "modify the settings for your system configuration" language
>      without explaining exactly what needs to be modified. Is there a
>      canned version of the file that can be put in here for users like
>      myself that have a standard, non-customized install?
Sorry about that, the documentation was written before the final release
and there was a change to this procedure.  If you are installing from
the Zip distribution, config.json has already been copied and renamed by
the build script.  It is only if you are using Fusion from an SVN
checkout that you need to copy and rename config_dist.json.  I'll update
the wiki to that effect.

>    * For Windows step 4, the path www/fusion/samples/mapguide/ does not
>      exist on the filesystem, so I don't see how
>      http://localhost:8008/mapguide/fusion/samples/mapguide/ can work.
>      Was step 2 really unzip all of fusion into www/ ? Is this the
>      correct URL?
That is a typo on the wiki, which I will update, but the correct URL to
test with is
http://localhost:8008/mapguide/fusion/templates/mapguide/standard/

Mike