[fusion-users] Simple question about MapGuide tiling

gingerbbm stuart.jones at jacobs.com
Fri Nov 7 08:14:08 EST 2008

Forgive yesterday's emotional outburst, and please be assured that I direct
no grievances with the folks who've created all these great tools.

I'd like to be involved in expanding the open source tools but - and I'm
sure it's the same with everyone - time is precious. Of course as my
employer is taking from the open source community then it's fair to say that
it should give something back, too, and I'll take this up with my
management.

> why not just use mapserver with openlayers?
> it supports WMS properly....

The main reason is this: I've spent too much time familiarising myself with
MapGuide and the Ajax viewer and Fusion and OpenLayers. Right now I simply
don't have the energy to figure out a whole new system. In an ideal world
etc.

Cheers
Stuart