[fusion-users] Querying MapServer Maps with Filter

Bernhard Schneider bernhard.schneider at ilu.ch
Tue Oct 7 09:03:27 EDT 2008

Hello Fusionists,

I would like to programmatically select a subset of the features in a particular layer. The query-method of the Map class seems to be the right thing to use. In order to select just the features of a layer the user is interested in (instead of all features in that layer) one can specify filter options with SQL SELECT statements. This is what I learned from the Fusion Cookbook (http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/wiki/Cookbook/Map/Query).

The Cookbook also says that the filter is not available for MapServer. Hence my two questions:
-- Are there any plans for the near future to make the filter option work with MapServer?
-- Is there an alternative or workaround for MapServer?

Thanks in advance!
Bernhard