[fusion-users] Maptips on Mapserver

Marc Pfister mpfister at enplan.com
Thu Sep 4 14:35:14 EDT 2008

Mike Adair [mailto:madair at dmsolutions.ca] wrote:

> That should be all you need, as long as the <Name> element for MapTip
> widget in AppDef MapTip matches the ID of the div in your template.

Which it doesn't. Or should I say didn't. Slowly this is all making
sense.

I present to you maptips on Mapserver:

http://209.20.81.81/fusion/templates/mapserver/corning/

The code is currently ugly and useless for the general public, but now
that at least this works I will fix that. I'll set it up to pass some
Mapserver-specific parameter for the fields to use for the maptip text
and hyperlink instead of hardcoded values.

Can someone point to what I need to know about checking code out and
back in. I've always been a passive user of SVN and the like but now it
seems I'm going to need to learn more.

Also, should this be on Fusion-Dev or Fusion-Users?

Marc