[fusion-users] Create A New Tab Pane and invoke URL

JP_Staff jpps975 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 28 16:57:21 EST 2009

Hi All,
THanks in advance for any help or pointing me in the right direction. I am
currently using Fusion with mapguide and running into an issue on creating a
simple widget to invoke a url within a tab. Here are my current steps.

I have created some tabs using the following in my index.html
Step 1
            /* create dynamic content */
            var tabbox1 = new Jx.TabBox({ parent: splitter.elements[0] });

            var tab1 = new Jx.Button.Tab({
                label: OpenLayers.i18n('legendTitle'),
                contentId: 'Legend'
            });

            var tab2 = new Jx.Button.Tab({
                label: OpenLayers.i18n('taskPaneTitle'),
                contentId: 'TaskPane'
            });

            var tab3 = new Jx.Button.Tab({
                label: OpenLayers.i18n('selectionPanelTitle'),
                contentId: 'SelectionPanel'
            });

            var tab4 = new Jx.Button.Tab({
                label: OpenLayers.i18n('Messages'),
                contentId: 'MessagePanel'
            });

            var tab5 = new Jx.Button.Tab({
                label: OpenLayers.i18n('Files'),
                contentId: 'FilePanel'
            });

            var tab6 = new Jx.Button.Tab({
                label: OpenLayers.i18n('Projects'),
                contentId: 'ProjectPanel'
            });

            tabbox1.add(tab1, tab2, tab3, tab4, tab5, tab6);

Step 2
Next I included the following in my Application Definition
 <Widget>
      <Name>MessagePanel</Name>
      <Type>MessagePanel</Type>
      <Location />
      <Extension/>
    </Widget>

	<Widget xsi:type="UiWidgetType" >
		  <Name>MessagePanel</Name>
		  <Type>InvokeURL</Type>
		  <Location />
		  <Extension>
			<Url"/../Message_Info.aspx"</Url>
			<DisableIfSelectionEmpty>false</DisableIfSelectionEmpty>
			<Target>MessagePanel</Target>
		  </Extension>
		  <ImageUrl>images/icons.png</ImageUrl>
		  <ImageClass></ImageClass>
		  <Label>Message</Label>
		  <Tooltip>Message</Tooltip>
		  <StatusText>Message</StatusText>
		  <Disabled>false</Disabled>
		</Widget>
When executed it appears that it is not finding the frame MessagePanel in
the invoke url function.

Does anyone have a simple example or process on how I can embed an iframe
within a tab to point to any page.

Thanks,
JP