[fusion-users] Search widget and MapServer

Marc Pfister mpfister at enplan.com
Wed Jan 14 14:52:34 EST 2009

Millsde wrote:

> I'm new to fusion and have gotten my web page working fine.  I'm now
> trying
> to add the Search widget to my page.  Whenever I click the search
> button i
> get the following message
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function MgInitializeWebTier() in
> C:\ms4w\apps\fusion\MapGuide\php\Common.php on line 67
>
> I'm using MapServer and don't have a need for MapGuide.  Is their a
way
> get this widget to work under MapServer or should I be using something
> else?

That widget is specific to MapGuide. For MapServer you need to take a
different approach. There's a start here:

http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/ticket/25

I've implemented a similar system based on this work, you can see it in
action here:

http://maps.enplan.com/tehama

You can easily play with the address search - it uses an autocomplete
function to provide address suggestions - though I see now that the box
positioning is broken in FireFox 3. Grrr.

I expect that soon the search widget will be rewritten to be platform
independent, like recent work on the maptips.

Marc Pfister