[fusion-users] Fusion 2 and Cyrillic

akotsev at gea.uni-sofia.bg akotsev at gea.uni-sofia.bg
Wed Jul 8 07:03:00 EDT 2009

Dear colleagues,
I decided to write to the mailing list because I have been suffering in
changing the interface to Cyrillic for over a week. What I need is to be
able to display in Cyrillic is:
1)	Elements of the interface – I have already some partial results with
tooltips and certain elements of the interface after editing strings.json,
but haven’t unfortunately succeeded with Labels in the
ApplicationDefinition.xml (see how it appears for the Help button on the
link below)
2)	Search from query of several shapefiles in Cyrillic (some fields
contain Cyrillic letters). Apache telling the browser what encoding to use
would probably do this, however I have only succeeded viewing the
attribute content after manually changing the browser encoding to cp-1251
(Windows Cyrillic encoding).
3)	Layer names – I need the names of the layers to display in Cyrillic and
what happens is that after changing the NAME in the .MAP file I am able to
see them in the Fusion legend but the geographic content won’t display at
all.
I would be very grateful for any answers concerning the questions above. I
am using Fusion 2 beta and mapserver 5.2.2 on a FC9 Linux machine with
everything working excellent while using it in English. An example is
available at http://62.44.114.108/gis1

Any help is much appreciated.

Alexander Kotsev,
GIS department, Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”
Bulgaria