[fusion-users] Startup widgets possible?

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 21:04:46 EDT 2009

Hi All,

We have maps where we need to perform an action (load a url in the task
pane) in response to a map selection.

In the AJAX viewer, it would be a simple case of hooking into the viewer
events and overriding the selection handler
(http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/CodeSamples/JavaScript/AJAXViewerEventHooking)

But in Fusion, with its template and widget driven approach, this seems to
be a bad idea. So, short of hacking each template to support this
functionality (worst case), it is possible to make a "startup" widget that
listens to the widget events I'm after and bind them to inline code also
defined in the widget. Sort of like a automatic InvokeScript?

- Jackie