[fusion-users] MapGuide HTTP tiles with Fusion?

Mike Adair madair at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Mar 6 14:04:52 EST 2009

Once the OpenLayers MapGuide layer includes the patches for #1622 and
#1756, then yes in theory using tiled base layers would be possible.  I
will update Fusion trunk with that patch included eventually.  I did
some quick tests to see what would be involved.

I tried setting a regular MG tiled layer as the base layer with a MG
overlay placed on top of that and it works in theory (I ran into some
visibility issues that I will look into) but it is definitely possible
to do.

Setting an http cache as the base layer (alone or combined with others)
isn't currently supported but worth doing in my opinion.  However there
are a few issues to be decided:

- Fusion will still require a LoadMap call to get the parameters for the
map (extent, scales, layers, etc.).  This can either use the existing
LoadMap call using the tiled MapDefinition resource, but this still
requires an instance of MapGuide to be available.  There are other
server calls that would require a MapGuide instance (e.g. selection,
maptips) so this may not be a big issue.  The alternative is to have a
static json file which is similar to the LoadMap response that can be
used to describe the map.

- the tile cache root URL needs to be specified somewhere, I'm thinking
that config.json is probably the best place for that.

Comments?

Mike