[fusion-users] Fusion 2 - Google & Sheboygan Sample

Berdel, Brian brian.berdel at mcmtrans.com
Tue Mar 31 17:00:06 EDT 2009

Thanks Mike, that actually did work to get them both on.  However I have to zoom in to Sheboygan then turn the layers on and off to get them to appear.

These are the problems I have noticed:

1. I cannot set the correct extents...The map always starts with a full view of the world...Shouldn't it get set to the extents of my first map?

	I tried setting it with ( as in example)

		<maxExtent>-87.764986990962839,- 87.695521510899724, 43.691398128787782, 43.797520000480347</maxExtent>

	I noticed in Generic.js that there is a comment saying:

	this.mapTag.layerOptions.maxExtent = null;    //maxExtent not allowed on Google layers

	So it looks as though this is not correct...

2. Once viewable, the maps do not overlay properly even though they are both the same coordinate system WGS84.

	I tried with Sheboygan and some other data I have in WGS84.

3. You cannot set the maps background color to transparent in studio / maestro / or XML (not that I know of anyway)
	So, there will always be a color blocking the underlying google map if any layer from the top map is on
	This also goes for any maps you may try to overlay

Thanks,

Brian