[fusion-users] Map. Runtime vs. Permanent

miansi AndreiSinelnikov at SierraSystems.com
Fri May 7 19:15:22 EDT 2010

Hello,

I am little bit confused about ho maps being handled in Fusion.

In AJAX Viewer world I used to modify resources (map, layers...) either
permanently using ResourceIdentifier like this:

Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Maps/Sheboygan.MapDefinition

or temporarily. Using ResourceIdentifier like this:

String.Format(@"Session:{0}//{1}.{2}", sessionId, mapName,
MgResourceType.MapDefinition)

In Fusion, as far as I understand, there is no such concept as runtime vs.
permanent map. Map always should be referenced as Session:<session id from
map widget>//<map name from map widget>.MgResourceType.Map

Am I correct?

How can I implement same functionality I had in my AJAX Viewer (temporarily
layers)?

Thank you,

Andrei