[fusion-users] Re: Function not activated when clicking zoom, pan, measure, etc.

snowbound gerry at snowboundstudios.ca
Wed Sep 29 19:23:50 EDT 2010

OK - I've got some answers for those who have this same problem. It has to do
with how you create the container for the toolbar in the
ApplicationDefinition.xml.

What I had was what the tutorial taught me, i.e.:

TB_Pan
Pan
. . .

... etc.

The widget instantiations are dropped into the element with id=

I back traced the sample data flexible layout examples (you know the fancy
ones with toolbars that work properly) and found that their
applicationDeffinitions were formed differently. Take a look at any of the
sample definitions for more examples but what you're aiming for is:

      Toolbar
      Toolbar
      top

        Widget
        RefreshMap

      . . .

The container correlates to a HTML element - say a div with id="Toolbar" and
the Items each define a widget to be placed in the toolbar - the
item->widget node is where you link to the Widget->Name node of your widget
declarations further down in the Widget set.

I know this is probably confusing - your best bet is to crack one of the
sample applicationDefinitions in the fusion/templates/mapguide/ directory
and follow that as a guide.

Perhaps a look should be taken at the tutorial as I think thats where I went
wrong in the first place.

Thanks to everyone who posts. Hope this helps.