[fusion-users] Database Entry Form

jbanting james.banting at uleth.ca
Tue Jun 19 13:59:36 PDT 2012

Hello,

I created a new widget (for me to learn on really) but in the end used
invokeURL to get the php i wanted.  The user can now update and insert new
data via a form into my postgres db through the invokeURL widget.

When the user needs to create a new entry in the db I would like for them to
be able to click on the map and get the lat long of where they clicked and
for that lat long to be automatically inserted into my form.  I am able to
get the lat long in an alert when the user clicks on the map using the
select tool.
How would i pass these to my invokeURL widget?

>From select.js

/var center = this.map.getLonLatFromPixel(position);

center = center.transform(this.oMap.oMapOL.getProjectionObject(), new
OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326"));
alert("You clicked at " + center.lat + " N, " +
			      + center.lon + " E");/

Thanks,

-----
James Banting