[gdal-announce] Re: GDAL/OGR 1.4.1 Released

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Apr 10 11:32:02 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Today I have released GDAL/OGR 1.4.1.  This is a "Stable Branch Release",
> The source can be downloaded from:
>
>  * http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal141.zip - source as a zip
>  * http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal-1.4.1.tar.gz - source as .tar.gz
>  * http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal141doc.zip - html reference docs
>  * http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdalautotest-1.4.1.tar.gz - test suite

Folks,

I am afraid I screwed up and issued the final 1.4.1 release files from the
development trunk, instead of from 1.4.1 as I thought I was doing.  I have
deleted the old gdal-1.4.1.tar.gz, and gdal141.zip files and replaced them
with corrected ones.

If you already downloaded the 1.4.1 release source, please discard it, and
grab again.  The correct files should have the following sizes:

  7342368 Apr 10 08:17 gdal-1.4.1.tar.gz
  8596119 Apr 10 08:17 gdal141.zip

The improper release would report itself as 1.5.0dev if you did something
like "gdalinfo --version".

I shall now go and wallow in my humiliation.

Best regards,