[gdal-dev] Re: CVS Access

Daniel Morissette danmo at v...
Thu Dec 3 16:16:06 EST 1998

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have placed all the adapted low level code into CVS, and I would be
> happy to provide accounts so people can extract it from CVS. In particular
> you should be able to set CVSROOT to :pserver:warmerda at 2...:/usr/cvsroot
> and do a ``cvs checkout gdal'' to get the GDAL tree, of particular note
> being the gdal/port directory.
>
> A Windows CVS command line client can be fetched from:
> http://download.cyclic.com/pub/cvs-1.10/windows/cvs-1.10-win.zip

Arrrrrrggghhhhhh... I hate Windows!!!!!! (BTW, I ordered a set of Linux
CDs a couple of days ago but in the meantime I'm still stuck with
Win'95...)

I installed the Windows CVS client, and when I try to checkout the GDAL
tree I get:

Unknown host 24.65.38.156

I am able to ping this address from the same DOS prompt window, so I
assume that my networking stuff should be OK... as far as stuff can be
OK under Win'95...

Any suggestions are welcome...

P.S. Did you ever read that one?
With Win 3.1 we were at the edge of the precipice,
With Win'95, we made a big step forward!
Daniel Morissette danmo at v...
http://pages.infinit.net/danmo/