JPEG Options & GDAL 1.1.1

Frank Warmerdam warmerda at h...
Fri Jul 7 12:27:38 EDT 2000

Pierre Grout wrote:

> Hello Frank,
>
> Is there a way to set the compression quality when creating a JPEG file (with CreateCopy
> for a such format, in the char ** papszOptions) ?

Pierre,

In the released code there is no way to do this; however, I have just added
the QUALITY=n option in the code in CVS. I also wrote a brief web page
documenting the JPEG driver, at:

http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/frmt_jpeg.html

I have also prepared a new release of the code which I have dubbed 1.1.1.
It can be found in ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/gdal

Let me know if this does the trick.