GDAL/OGR Build Changes for Windows

Frank Warmerdam warmerda at h...
Thu Jul 20 10:42:27 EDT 2000

Folks,

I have made a few reorganizations in order to facilitate inclusion of OGR in
gdal11.dll. In particular, the SDTS and ISO8211 object files are no longer
dumped into gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/ogrsf_frmts.lib, but are now put in a
separate gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/ogrsf_frmts_sup.lib file.

I have also changed the high level gdal makefile.vc to build all the OGR
formats into gdal11.dll (and gdal.lib) by default though this can be
modified with commenting and uncommenting some lines in the gdal/makefile.vc.

Anyone working from cvs is encouraged to do a cvs update, and clean build
when they have a chance (and a bit of time to deal with possible headaches).