[gdal-dev] Problem compiling GDAL

Frank Warmerdam warmerda at h...
Wed Jun 21 12:50:09 EDT 2000

Aleksey Naumov wrote:

> Dear Frank and all developers,
>
> I just checked out GDAL from OSRS CVS and tried to compile it. I got
> an error in 'frmts' directory:
>
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/aleksey/Geog/GDAL/gdal/frmts'
> c++ -c -Wall -fPIC -O2 -I.. -I../port -I../core -I../ogr -DFRMT_gxf
> -DFRMT_gtiff -DFRMT_hfa -DFRMT_a
> igrid -DFRMT_ceos -DFRMT_ceos2 -DFRMT_elas -DFRMT_iso8211
> -DFRMT_sdts -DFRMT_raw -DFRMT_dted -DFRM
> T_zlib -DFRMT_jpeg -DFRMT_png \
> -DGDAL_FORMATS="gxf gtiff hfa aigrid ceos ceos2 elas iso8211 sdts raw
> dted zlib jpeg png " \
> gdalallregister.cpp -o o/gdalallregister.o
> Assembler messages:
> FATAL: Can't create o/gdalallregister.o: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [o/gdalallregister.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/aleksey/Geog/GDAL/gdal/frmts'
> make: *** [frmts-target] Error 2
>
> Is "o/" in "o/gdalallregister.o" meant to be a new directory, is it a
> typo, or something else?

Aleksey,

There should be a gdal/frmts/o directory created when you check out of
CVS. The only thing it will contain initially is the CVS directory. Is
it not there? If not, you could create it by hand, but something apparently
went wrong in your checkout ... you might want to recreate the whole tree.

Let me know what happens.

Later,