[gdal-dev] Re: GetNoData returning a double?

Frank Warmerdam warmerda at h...
Thu Mar 23 13:28:00 EST 2000

Craig Miller wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> I was just wondering why GetNoData would return a double instead of the
> datatype of the band?

Craig,

Since there is only one GDALRasterBand class used for all band types, it is't
possible to have the GetNoData() method to have a band type specific signature.
In any event, as double has higher precision than all supported data types it
seems like a good unifying type to return.