[gdal-dev] python -- gdalnumeric

Robert Denham r.denham at f...
Mon Apr 9 18:02:56 EDT 2001

I am keen to experiment with the python bindings linking gdal with
Numeric, and have a question about creating new images.

If I use:

from Numeric import *
import gdalnumeric

array = gdalnumeric.LoadFile( "/some/image/test.tif")
array2 = some manipulation of (array)

I am unsure about how to save array2 to a new image. I tried using
SaveArray, which works, but I am not
sure how to have the same projection and geotransform as the original
image. Do I have to reopen the original and the new image, and copy the
projection and geotransform information across?

It would be great if you could give a quick example showing how to save
array2 as a new image with the same projection and geotransform
information as "/some/image/test.tif".

Thanks

| Robert Denham |
| School of Mathematical Sciences |