No subject

gilles.cherix at f... gilles.cherix at f...
Mon Aug 20 12:45:51 EDT 2001

Hi,

I'm trying to install mapserver with GDAL support on a Sun blade 100
Solaris 8.

I tried to compile the release version and the latest CVS checkout but
it doesn't seem to like the arch ...

The output stream of my ./configure attempt will explain the problem
better than any word...

Any clue would be greatly appreciated.

Gilles

$ ./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++ ) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++ ) is a cross-compiler... yes
checking whether we are using GNU C++... yes
checking whether c++ accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking for malloc_chain_check in -ldbmalloc... no
checking for main in -lm... yes
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for dbmalloc.h... no
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... configure: error: can not

run test program while cross compiling

--
Neu: sunrise hat jetzt noch günstigere Surfpreise!
Sofort profitieren! http://go.sunrise.ch/de/promo1