[gdal-dev] Re: Update on ESA SAR header (GDAL)

Markus Neteler neteler at i...
Fri Aug 31 10:23:45 EDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 10:18:04AM -0400, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
> > thanks for the update. But... I don't get them (same file as yesterday,
> > but renamed for SAR Toolbox):
> >
> > gdalinfo slc1.img0
> > Driver: SAR_CEOS/CEOS SAR Image
> > Size is 4900, 26399
> > Coordinate System is '
> > Corner Coordinates:
> > Upper Left ( 0.0, 0.0)
> > Lower Left ( 0.0,26399.0)
> > Upper Right ( 4900.0, 0.0)
> > Lower Right ( 4900.0,26399.0)
> > Center ( 2450.0,13199.5)
> > Band 1 Block=4900x1 Type=CInt16, ColorInterp=Undefined
> > Min=-4294967295.000/0, Max=32767.000/0
>
> Markus,
>
> I think GDAL isn't finding the leader file because of the renaming. I
> see you aren't getting any of the usual metadata either. Try restoring
> it to the old name and see how GDAL does.
>
> BTW, what is the naming convention for the SAR Toolbox? I should be
> able to add it to GDAL.

Frank,

it seems that ESA SAR Toolbox wants:
slc1.img0
slc1.ldr0
slc1.nul0
slc1.vdf0

It took me quite a while to find that (SAR Toolbox behaves strange if you
don't follow the INSTALL closely, which you have to find online).

So, maybe you could guess from what the user specifies.

gdalinfo slc1.img0
^^^^^-> ... and add the other extensions or so.

Thanks for looking into this,

Markus