AIGrid Format

Andreane Meunier andreane.meunier at p...
Sat Dec 1 17:23:43 EST 2001

Hi!

I'm trying to read Arc/Info Binary Grid data, but can't understand how to read
the whole data. I used AIGOpen to get the following info:

nBlocks = 738
panBlockOffset = 0x8066b08
panBlockSize = 0x8067698
fpGrid
= 0x8065110
bHasWarned
= 0
pszCoverName
= 0x8064380 "adf"
nCellType
= 1
nBlockXSize
= 256
nBlockYSize
= 4
nBlocksPerRow
= 8
nBlocksPerColumn= 512
dfLLX
= 201899.59490330055
dfLLY
= 5188705.5791464783
dfURX
= 502771.95119151962
dfURY
= 5538777.1886642175
dfCellSizeX
= 946.13948518307882
dfCellSizeY
= 946.13948518307882
nPixels
= 318
nLines
= 369
dfMin
= 1
dfMax
= 1122
dfMean
= 380.25690602518836
dfStdDev
= 190.55087204145454

Since the file is 318X369 pixels and blocks are 256X4 pixels, I presume that
blocks overlap each other to obtain 8 blocks per row and 512 per column, right?
My question is: Is there an other way to read the data than using AIGReadTile?
I want to read the whole 318X369 picture in juste one pass! (I also read that
the data read with fpGrid is not always sorted and that you absolutely have to
use the w00101x.adf file to read the data...)

Thanks!