libproj.so on Linux?

Ben Discoe ben at v...
Wed Dec 26 23:37:27 EST 2001

This is really a PROJ.4 question, but i figure that the GDAL list is
probably an OK place, since it's an underpinning..

I'm trying to run the VTP software (with it's GDAL/OGR/PROJ.4 dependencies)
on Linux (Redhat 7.2). At runtime, it says "ERROR 6: Unable to load PROJ.4
library (libproj.so)"

I thought i installed PROJ.4 with the command:

rpm -i PROJ.4-4.4.1-1.i586.rpm

which worked, and the "proj" command is installed and does work. Is there
some extra step necessary to make the shared library accessible? I didn't
see anything about it on the PROJ.4 webpage or manpage.

Thanks,
Ben