[gdal-dev] SDTS

Ben Discoe ben at v...
Fri Jul 13 05:32:27 EDT 2001

Great to hear that SDTS projection got fixed!

My next trouble is with using OGR to read SDTS-DLG files. (I'm using the
version of OGR compiled in that latest GDAL release).

I downloaded some SDTS-DLG files, which i can load and view correctly in the
USGS DlgV32 software. OGR seems to load and parse them "mostly correct",
but i cannot get the feature geometry.

My code looks like this:

OGRRegisterAll();
OGRDataSource *datasource = OGRSFDriverRegistrar::Open( strFileName );
OGRLayer *layer = datasource->GetLayer(0);
int feature_count = layer->GetFeatureCount();
layer->ResetReading();
OGRFeature *pFeature;
while( (pFeature = layer->GetNextFeature()) != NULL )
{
OGRGeometry *geom = pFeature->GetGeometryRef();
[....]
}

Unfortunately the return from GetGeometryRef is always NULL, although the
feature count is correct and there are no errors reported.

Is this functionality known to work in OGR?

Thanks,
Ben